As of 2021, we expanded into Grand Rapids! We opened our secondary location â€œMaumee River Outfittersâ€. We offer kayak rentals & sales here; along with selling fishing gear, kayak accessories, live bait, fishing/hunting licenses, and watercraft registrations!
Maumee River Outfitters Location: 24287 FRONT ST, GRAND RAPIDS OHIO,43522
Phone Number: 419-830-3077
Â Maumee River Outfitter Rentals:
We have a few different options to be able to accommodate to everyone different wants and needs on their kayak adventure, we are sure we have one thatâ€™s perfect for you! We have both singles, and tandems available for rentals.
- We strictly offer â€œsit on topâ€ kayaks for ALL rentals ensuring the safest trip possible, to ensure an enjoyable stress free adventure
- Reservations are not required, but they are recommended to avoid disappointment. Call to make reservation
- Reservations require a $35 deposit
- Groups of 8 or more 50% non-refundable deposit required.Â Inclement weather is the exception. Trips are permitted to beÂ rescheduled with a 24hr notice.
- Please be at the shop within 15 minutes of reservation otherwise we can not guarantee kayak availability
- Credit Card & ID required on file
- Must be 18 years or older to rent kayaks, otherwise adult signature is necessary
- Paddles, & lifejackets provided with all rentals
Down River Trip â€“ $35.00 per person
This option allows you to float down the Maumee River and enjoy all the beautiful scenic views that come along with it! This is a great option if youâ€™re looking to try out kayaking for the first time, or just want to be able to go and explore some of the local islands located in the Maumee River. We are currently offering a 3-mile trip from Grand Rapids to Van Tassel. We will provide transportation to our drop off location, and once youâ€™re done kayaking you simply just call us and weâ€™ll be on our way to pick you up!
â€œAbove the Damâ€ â€“Â $35.00 per person
This is another great option if youâ€™re looking to try out kayaking for the first time. It once again includes your life jacket, paddle, and transportation. For the â€œfloat aroundâ€ option you will kayak through the canal to above the dam and have the opportunity to island hop. Once youâ€™re finished with your adventure youâ€™ll kayak back through the canal returning to the shop!
- While reservations are not required for all trips, they are HIGHLY encouraged regardless of the group size.
- Call 419-830-3077 to make reservations, we require a $35.00 deposit UNLESS a group consist of 8 or more people we will then require 50% of the total as a deposit, which is non-refundable unless cancellation is due to inclement weather.
- Any changes/cancellations of reservations must be done at least 24 hours PRIOR of the reservation
- Instagram: @MaumeeKayak
- Facebook: @MaumeeKayak or â€œMaumee River Outfittersâ€