As of 2021, we expanded into Grand Rapids! We opened our secondary location “Maumee River Outfitters”. We offer kayak rentals & sales here; along with selling fishing gear, kayak accessories, live bait, fishing/hunting licenses, and watercraft registrations!
Maumee River Outfitters Location: 24287 FRONT ST, GRAND RAPIDS OHIO,43522
Phone Number: 419-830-3077
Maumee River Outfitter Rentals:
We have a few different options to be able to accommodate to everyone different wants and needs on their kayak adventure, we are sure we have one that’s perfect for you! We have both singles, and tandems available for rentals.
- We strictly offer “sit on top” kayaks for ALL rentals ensuring the safest trip possible, to ensure an enjoyable stress free adventure
- Reservations are not required, but they are recommended to avoid disappointment. Call to make reservation
- Reservations require a $35 deposit
- Groups of 8 or more 50% non-refundable deposit required. Inclement weather is the exception. Trips are permitted to be rescheduled with a 24hr notice.
- Please be at the shop within 15 minutes of reservation otherwise we can not guarantee kayak availability
- Credit Card & ID required on file
- Must be 18 years or older to rent kayaks, otherwise adult signature is necessary
- Paddles, & lifejackets provided with all rentals
Down River Trip – $35.00 per person
This option allows you to float down the Maumee River and enjoy all the beautiful scenic views that come along with it! This is a great option if you’re looking to try out kayaking for the first time, or just want to be able to go and explore some of the local islands located in the Maumee River. We are currently offering a 3-mile trip from Grand Rapids to Van Tassel. We will provide transportation to our drop off location, and once you’re done kayaking you simply just call us and we’ll be on our way to pick you up!
Above the Dam – $35.00 per person
This is another great option if you are looking to try out kayaking for the first time. It once again includes your life jacket, paddle, and transportation. For the float around option you will kayak through the canal to above the dam and have the opportunity to island hop. Once you’re finished with your adventure you’ll kayak back through the canal returning to the shop!
Paddle Board Rental – $25.00 per person
We are now offering paddle board rentals! This is great for beginners or those who may even be considering purchasing their own in the future!
- While reservations are not required for all trips, they are HIGHLY encouraged regardless of the group size.
- Call 419-830-3077 to make reservations, we require a $35.00 deposit UNLESS a group consist of 8 or more people we will then require 50% of the total as a deposit, which is non-refundable unless cancellation is due to inclement weather.
- Any changes/cancellations of reservations must be done at least 24 hours PRIOR of the reservation
- Instagram: @MaumeeKayak
- Facebook: @MaumeeKayak or “Maumee River Outfitters”