We offer KAYAK RENTALS in TWO locations:
Maumee Tackle: 104 W Wayne St, Maumee, OH
Maumee River Outfitters: 24287 W Front St, Grand Rapids, OH
- Singles & Tandems available
- We strictly offer “sit on top” kayaks for ALL rentals ensuring the safest trip possible, to ensure an enjoyable stress-free adventure
- Reservations are not required, but they are recommended to avoid disappointment. Call to make a reservation
- Reservations require a $40 deposit – Any cancellations and/or adjustments must be made with AT LEAST 24HR NOTICE. Deposits will be forfeited if any less notice is provided.
- Groups of 6 or more 50% non-refundable deposit required. Inclimate weather is the exception. Trips are permitted to be rescheduled with a 24hr notice
- Please be at the shop within 15 minutes of reservation otherwise we can not guarantee kayak availability
- Credit Card & ID required on file
- Must be 18 years or older to rent kayaks, otherwise adult signature is necessary
- Paddles, & lifejackets provided with all rentals
- ALL RENTALS are priced PER person. Meaning it is $40 for a single, and $80 (40 X 2) for a tandem.
- Please ensure you are booking at the CORRECT location you want. Maumee Tackle (Maumee, OH) & Maumee River Outfitters (Grand Rapids, OH)
Maumee Tackle Rental Options: 104 W Wayne St, Maumee, OH
- Call 419-893-3474 for questions
This option provides transportation, meaning we will drop you off up river, you’ll float down stream to your destination and call us when you’re ready to get picked up! This option also provides a variety of different drop off & pickup locations depending on the distance you’d like to kayak. Trip options vary based on water level conditions – please call the shop for questions. Click here to make your reservation!
Potential Trips – (will vary based upon water level)
- Waterworks Park to Orleans Park – 6.7 miles /estimated to take 3 hours
- Waterworks Park to Sidecut Metropark – 4.3 miles /estimated to take 2 hours
- Sidecut Metropark to Orleans Park – 2.7 miles / estimated to take 1.5 hours
This is a great option if you’re looking to try out kayaking for the first time, or just want to be able to go and explore some of the local islands located in the Maumee River. This is a 3 hour rental for a fee of $30.00 dollars. That once again includes your life jacket, paddle, and transportation. For the float around option we will drop you off at Orleans Park and then pick you up at Orleans Park 3 hours later. Click here to make your reservation!
Maumee River Outfitters Rental Options: 24287 FRONT ST, GRAND RAPIDS OHIO,43522
- Call 419-830-3077 with questions
This option launches you out of the canal right across the street from the shop. Paddle up the canal, through the locks and upstream to open water. This trip is a great option for beginners or those looking to see more of Grand Rapids from the water! Click here to book your reservation!
This option provides transportation, meaning we will drop you off up river, you’ll float down stream to your destination and call us when you’re ready to get picked up! This option also provides a variety of different drop off & pickup locations depending on the distance you’d like to kayak. Click here to make your reservation!
- Downtown, Grand Rapids to Bend View Metropark (Mile Marker 26.3) – 5 Miles / 2 Hours
- Downtown, Grand Rapids to Farnsworth Metropark (Mile Marker 22.8) – 8.5 Miles / 3-4 Hours
We will launch you out in the canal right across the street from the shop. The water is deep enough here to safely enough the paddleboard. During this time you may paddle up the canal, though the locals and upstream to open water – just return back down whenever you are finished!
We are an authorized Jackson, Pelican, Perception, and Wilderness Systems dealer. We offer both recreational, and fishing kayaks; so there is something for everyone! We also sell a variety of tandems, and paddle boards. Click here to check out our current kayak inventory!
We offer a large variety of accessories to help ensure that we will have everything you need to get started, as well as down the road! We have a large variety of accessories, such as fishing accessories from YakAttack, personal floatation devices, or waterproof essentials!
We carry bending branches and aqua bound paddles! We have an extensive inventory that is sure to meet your needs whether you’re a beginner or experienced kayaker. Click here to see our current inventory!
WATeRCRAFT REGISTRATION –
Skip the lines & hassles at the DMV & come here instead! We are able to create & renew boat tags, as well as register kayaks and any other watercraft! This service is available EVERYDAY between the hours of 9-5, for any questions give us a call at (419)-893-3474 or shoot us a message!