Maumee Tackle 2023 Walleye Tournament
By participating, you agree to these official rules, which is an official contract. Interpretation of these rules will be at the discretion of Maumee Tackle staff, these rules and interpretations are final and not open to debate. Maumee Tackle LLC has the reserves the right to adjust and/or add new rules and regulations at any time. All tournament information and ranking will be updated on Maumeetackle.net, as well as on our Facebook and Instagram page.
- Tournament – This tournament will begin on 6am March 17th and run through 5pm April 16th. This is a Maumee River Tournament , boat, shore, or wading is permitted. Fish caught in lake Erie are also permitted but not encouraged. simply because we cant track every anglers location. Most of the big ones are in the river this time of year anyway. Plain and simple – the heaviest walleye wins. In the case of a tie , length determines the winner. The winner will be announced and celebrated on April 22nd, at our annual customer appreciation day.
Prizes as Follows:
- 1st: $3,000.00
- 2nd: $1500.00
- 3rd: Jackson Bite Kayak
- Tournament Registration: You may register for the tournament until March 16th at 8:00pm. You may sign up either in store, or online at maumeetackle.net. The cost will be $30.00, cash or credit card is accepted. Participants will be required to sign a waiver, as well as the official rules agreeing they understand all rules, regulations, and risks. The form must be completely filled out to be considered valid, and to be entered into the tournament. Must be 18 years or older to register yourself. If you are a minor, please have a parent or legal guardian read and complete all forms. We reserve the right to refuse any registrations.
- KEEP IT HONEST: ALL WALLEYES MUST BE FREE OF ANY SNAG MARKS. IF YOU CATCH A WALLEYE THAT HAS A SNAG MARK OR ANY CUT THAT LOOKS LIKE A SNAG MARK IT WILL NOT BE WEIGHED. PLEASE INSPECT YOUR FISH. WARTS ON FISH ARE NATURALLY OCCURRING AND WILL NOT BE LOOKED UPON AS SNAG MARKS, UNLESS OF COURSE IT HAS A CUT. NO ICED FISH. ALL FISH MUST BE CLEAN OF ANY DIRT, MUD OR DEBRIS. TO RETAIN BEST WEIGHT OF YOUR FISH, IT IS WISE TO PUT THEM IN A COOLER WITH SOME RIVER WATER . ALIVE FISH ARE BEST BUT NOT PART OF THE RULES. NO PRE-CAUGHT FISH THAT WERE STASHED IN FISH BASKETS , TANKS OR PONDS . NO WEIGHTED FISH:STUFFED WITH ICE, SINKERS,EXTRA FISH/FILLETS,OR BELLYS PUMPED FULL OF WATER. NO PURCHSED FISH. NO FROZEN FISH. NO POOLING FISH/ USING THE BUDDY SYSTEM TO SPLIT THE PRIZE. AND IF THE ANGLER HAS A HISTORY OF SUSPISIOUS BEHAVIOR AT TOURNAMENTS THE ANGLERS ENTRY WILL BE REJECTED. -IT SUCKS WE HAVE TO MENTION ALL THIS ,BUT THATS THE WAY IT IS.
- Ohio Fishing Rules & Regulations: All participants MUST follow all Ohio fishing rules and regulations while fishing in the tournament. All fish must be legally caught. Any participant who receives a citation/ticket from an Ohio law enforcement agency regarding fishing and boating regulations will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- Boating Laws: All boats must be legally registered, and legally equipped with all required safety equipment and devices. The boat must be legally operated. Participants may be disqualified if they fail to be legally registered, or follow boating safety laws.
- Weigh-in: Participants can weigh-in their fish during any hours at Maumee Tackle. They may weigh an unlimited number of fish, at no additional cost. However, you may only have ONE spot on the leaderboard, therefore your largest fish will be used as your spot. YOU must weigh your own fish, no one else is allowed to weigh one another’s fish. During the weigh-in you will be asked to show your fishing license, please be prepared. Any fish that is in a money spot is subject to be cut open for inspection, refusal equals disqualification. Participants must sign the weigh-in sheet that will be kept by Maumee Tackle, they will also receive their own to be kept for their own records. Every fish will be photographed with the participant. One certified scale will be used to weigh every fish, the weight is measured down to 1 hundredth of a pound (.01). Measurements are obtained by collapsing/pinching the tail to obtain the length of the fish, this will be done by increments of ⅛”. A participant weighing in their fish, owns and is fully responsible for that fish. All fish are subject to further inspection, if a Maumee Tackle staff member finds it necessary, up to and including dicection. . The last weigh-in will be done on April 16th at 5:00pm. Maumee Tackle Hours of Operation:
- Tiebreakers: Ties in weight will be determined by length measurements. If still a tie, then a coin flip will decide the winner. The loser of the coin toss will drop down one place in standings. Both contestants will be informed prior to the coin flip. If possible, both will attend the coin toss. If not, a zoom call will take place so both may witness.
- Spirit of the Rule: Any and all concerns regarding the tournament should be forwarded directly to Maumee Tackle. We can be reached in person at 104 W Wayne St, Maumee, OH 43547 – or we are always accessible through email or messenger.
- Drinking and Drug Use: Maumee Tackle LLC does not condone the consumption of alcohol or the illegal use of drugs while fishing and/or participating in this tournament.
- Waiver: By registering in this tournament, all participants agree to hold Maumee Tackle LLC, officials, staff and all other participants within the tournament harmless View Full Waiver.