29.82 inHg. falling
LOOKING FORWARD TO SPRING
PICTURED ABOVE IS THE STATE RECORD WHITE BASS- 4 LBS
Saturday May 16th-Rain or Shine
Maumee Tackle WHITE BASS Tournament
104 W. Wayne St. Maumee,OH,43537
KAYAKERS WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED
Entry Per Angler- $20.00
$10 per Angler for big fish
WHITE BASS RULES- THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL ANGLER TOURNAMENT-NO TEAMS
1. TOURNAMENT LIMIT IS FIVE FISH PER ANGLER.
2. START TIME IS 7:00AM. WEIGH-IN IS AT 1:00PM. ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE AT THE WEIGH-IN AND CHECK IN AT THE CHECK-IN TABLE NO LATER THEN 1:00PM OR BE DISQUALIFIED. NO FISH WILL BE WEIGHED IN BEFORE 1:00PM.
3. ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT BETWEEN ORLEANS PARK AND JEROME RD AT SIDE CUT METRO PARK.
4. BOATERS and KAYAKERS MUST COME TO THE SHOP FOR BOAT INSPECTION ( SAFETY EQUIPMENT ). WE WILL BE OPEN AT THE SHOP AT 6:OOAM TOURNAMENT DAY.
5. ALL DECISIONS BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR ARE FINAL.
6. EACH ANGLER MAY KEEP THEIR WHITE BASS. YOU MUST SELECT YOUR FIVE HEAVIEST WHITE BASS BEFORE APPROACHING THE SCALES. HAVE YOUR FISH OFF THE STRINGERS PLEASE.
7. ALL WHITE BASS MUST BE FREE OF ANY SNAG MARKS. IF YOU CATCH A WHITE BASS THAT HAS A SNAG MARK OR ANY CUT THAT LOOKS LIKE A SNAG MARK IT WILL NOT BE WEIGHED. PLEASE INSPECT YOUR FISH. WARTS ON FISH ARE NATURALLY OCCURRING AND WILL NOT BE LOOKED UPON AS SNAG MARKS, UNLESS OF COURSE IT HAS A CUT.
8. NO ICED OR FROZEN FISH.( WE KNOW WHAT A DAY OLD WHITE BASS LOOKS LIKE) ALL FISH MUST BE CLEAN OF ANY DIRT, MUD OR DEBRIS. TO RETAIN BEST WEIGHT OF YOUR FISH, IT IS WISE TO PUT THEM IN A COOLER WITH SOME RIVER WATER . ALIVE FISH ARE BEST BUT NOT PART OF THE RULES.
9. ALL STATE FISHING REGULATIONS MUST BE ADHERED TO.
10. ALL BOATERS MUST WEAR THEIR LIFE VEST WHILE THE GAS ENGINE IS RUNNING.
11.THERE IS NO MINIMUM AGE LIMIT OF PARTICIPANTS. ADULTS MAY ENTER THEIR KIDS INTO TOURNAMENT WITH OUT HAVING TO ENTER IT THEMSELVES.
12. ANY ANGLERS POOLING THEIR FISH TOGETHER WILL BE BANNED FROM FUTURE TOURNAMENTS AND MAUMEE TACKLE .
PAYOUTS WILL BE 1ST , 2ND AND 3RD PLACEÂ
THE HUNT FOR WHITE BASS STATE RECORD
Last year I put a bounty on the White bass state record. The current record for the state of Ohio White Bass is 4 lbs 21 inches caught July 1 ,1983 by Ira Sizemore in Cincinnati,OH.Â I was in contact with Mr. Sizemores son and he had some great stories about his dad, who was an avid fisherman,Â Â catching that record bass . Now 4 lbs is a BIG White Bass! But I know that in the spring when a zillion White Bass come up the Maumee to spawn, big, fat and full of eggs, that there has to be one over that 4 lb mark. I have seen some big bass caught in April and May , definitely around the 3lb plus mark,Â but no one ever puts them on a scale,even last year many anglers forgot to come up to the shop and weigh their fish. We saw a few just over the 3lb mark and a picture of a massive oneÂ that was eaten before they remembered the bounty. Oh well- the hunt continues.
Keep bringing in those big White Bass to be weighed and measured. When that lucky angler beats the state record we will weigh, certify, serve as witness and help the angler fill out the application.Â We will call the news as well to make you famous.Â When the record is officially beaten the new record holder will receive a $500 gift certificate to Maumee Tackle. There are numerous rules to certifying a state record-one of them being that the fish will have to be turned over to state certification officials for inspection – first and foremost to verify the species and to prevent cheaters from turning in a tank raised fish or one full of sinkers etc. OhioÂ Record fish are determined on the basis of weight only.
In order to qualify for the prizes the whole process starting from the weigh in of aÂ fishÂ to the photo ops of the record,Â must be done here at the shop in Maumee.
Have fun , be safe and good luck fishing